- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 cups italian seasoned breadcrumbs (If you can’t find italian seasoned just get plain breadcrumbs and mix it with pizza and pasta seasoning mix)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 block of italian mozzarella
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Marinara or pasta/pizza sauce for dipping.
First get your frying station ready.. prepare your frying oil in a deep frying pan and set a plate next to it layered with a kitchen towel to drain the sticks. Now prepare your breading station on the other side of your frying pan. Mix the flour and corn starch together and set it aside in a deep dish. Then mix the eggs with the water and set it aside in another deep dish. Now mix your breadcrumbs and garlic salt and set it in a third deep dish.
Your sticks should be a golden brown color. Fry your sticks one by one to ensure nothing burns. Set the fried sticks on the kitchen towel and set them aside. These are served with marinara sauce or any store bought pasta/pizza sauce.
Now fry up some frozen potato wedges and also set them aside. You will serve these with sour cream!
For the buffalo wings:
- 1 dozen chicken wings
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- “Frank’s Brand” Red Hot buffalo wing sauce (You can find this at The Sultan Center)
- 1 celery stalk cut into sticks
- 1 carrot cut into sticks
- Blue cheese dressing for dipping
Preheat the oven to 220 C. Grease a baking tray and set it aside. Cut up your chicken wings at the joints into 2 pieces, the drums and the flats.
Remove wings from the bag, shaking off excess flour, and spread out evenly on oiled baking tray. Do not crowd. Bake for about 20 minutes, turn the wings over, and cook another 20 minutes, or until the wings are cooked through and browned.