Two of the most loved sandwiches in Kuwaiti fast food restaurants are falafel and eggplant/potato sandwiches. They are extremely simple to make and are very tasty. Wrap them in sandwich paper and present them in a nice platter …your friends will love them!
- Pickled beets sliced into batons (lifth)
- Shredded white cabbage
- Hot dog rolls (if you live in Kuwait you can go to the co-op sandwich shop and ask for their special made sandwich rolls)
Pickled beetroot is found in many middle eastern stores.
- 1 potato cut into thick batons and deep fried
- 1 eggplant cut into the same thickness and deep fried
- Gherkin or cornichon pickles sliced
- 1 tomato, diced (same size as the pickle slices)
- Shredded cabbage
- Salt and pepper
Assemble everything together and sprinkle some salt and pepper onto the potato and eggplant.